Sunday, May 27, 2007

Melon City

Today was the Melon City crit. CC was supposed to meet us two hours before the race so that we could take team pictures and talk race strategy. She was speeding on the way over and was stopped and ticketed so the pre-race schedule was tossed out. The six of us still met and talked race tactics. I don't particularly like this course, but I rode it better than I ever have. The team raced well together, and many lessons were learned. John and I finished 28th and 32nd respectively. We took team photos in Cobb Park after the race. It was quite a scene and took much longer than it should have. After post-race showers Jamie, John, Lindsay (John's girlfriend), Erik, Sean, Andy, Derek, Dr. Sean (team chiropractor), CC, Erin, and I went out for dinner at Salvatore's. We ordered four 20" pizzas. I can't believe we ate as much as we did. I credit Derek with the bulk of the eating.

No comments:

Check out Israel and Egypt photos here
Check out my Egypt photos here