Saturday, May 26, 2007

The Snake in the Rain

I don't really like to ride or race in the rain, and I don't particularly like Snake Alley either. That made today suck. There was torrential rain all morning and into the afternoon. My parents and Erin arrived a couple hours before the race but were in poor spirits because of the weather. I traded my prize number 7 for Erik's 100. I figured that he wanted to race more than I did. Neither of us finished. I was dropped and pulled while he bailed in the last downhill right-turn corner and got scrapped up pretty badly. John was our only finisher in 34th (out of 36 finishers).

After the race my parents, Erin, and I drove to Muscatine. A couple years ago my parents found the Strawberry Farm B&B in Muscatine. They chose to stay there again and invite Erin and I to stay with them. It's much more comfortable than a shared Super 8 room. After I showered we went out to a steakhouse for dinner. Yum.

No comments:

Check out Israel and Egypt photos here
Check out my Egypt photos here