Friday, April 20, 2007

Full Day

Today was packed with activities. As much as I like to sit and watch History/Discovery Channel when I come home, today was not for TV. I woke early to work on the raised planter in the backyard. The bottom layer takes the most time to lay because you need to make sure that the bricks lay flat, level, and in a straight line on the ground. I had only completed the first corner when I had to drive into Wilmette to see a houseView down my street for the summer. that I, Erin, and Toby will be house sitting in for the summer. Mary, the woman who lives there has an amazing book collection that must include over 5000 books. After the house visit, it was time for lunch, with the grandparents. Grandma was in good spirits and grandpa told me about his digital exploits on his new computer.

After lunch it was back to working on the planter. In only a few hours I had made good progress, but could really have used some reinforcements. Mom & dad provided exactly that when they got home and we finished cleaning up with the very last bit of light in the sky. Mom picked up Crossroads takeout for dinner. It's just plain good Greek food.

Racing tomorrow. Sean & Eric should be there.

Check out Israel and Egypt photos here
Check out my Egypt photos here