Monday, March 05, 2007

Excited to be here

I'm just excited to be here. I rode downtown this morning, just to reacquaint myself with the town. I stopped at a few places, the bank, the market. When I got home, I sat out on the back porch and finished Naked by David Sedaris. It's a strange book; I don't really know if I liked it. Either way, it was a book that you could put down or pick up with ease.

My 'recovery' ride wasn't quite that. I should have gone easier and shorter, but it's hard to do when it's only your second day in California. I rode to Arroyo Grande and back. It's a great ride. Lots of vineyards along the way. I snapped a photo of the backyard when I got back. It's been 3 years since I was out here, and the backyard has transformed. Ron & Betsy have put in raised beds for produce, etc. After a good dinner I'm now weighing all my ride options for tomorrow.

No comments:

Check out Israel and Egypt photos here
Check out my Egypt photos here