Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Almost epic

Today's ride was a great ride, but a hour or so short of being epic. I rode the Pacific Coast Highway out to Morro Bay (where I saw a Slipstream rider), cut east (inland) to Atascadero via Hwy 41 (where I got stung by a bee in my jersey ~15 times), north to Templeton, back west on Hwy 46. Here's where it gets interesting: Santa Rita Creek Rd. Going the other direction this climb is known as "The Wall", a name well earned. Because I already had some elevation it wasn't that bad of a climb, but the descent is a potential killer. I rode off the road when I overcooked a corner and was surprised by a Mercedes. No harm, no foul. After hitting Cambria, I had a tailwind and was able to cruise at 30 mph all the way to Cayucos. I just tempo'ed the rest of the way back into town.

No comments:

Check out Israel and Egypt photos here
Check out my Egypt photos here