Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Draggin' a bit

Rode south today. First on the bill was Prefumo Canyon. It's a great climb close to home. I was up and over the whole thing (1300 ft?) within an hour of riding. It's picturesque; that's all I can say. I'll take my camera next time I climb it. One thing to note, if you climb it the other direction, there's ~1 mile of relatively steep dirt that you'll have to contend with. After the climb I headed south along the coast, through Pismo Beach (with it's 1700+ ft. pier) and Grover Beach. I got a little lost north of Guadalupe, near the Conoco Phillips refinery. It was odd to see (I couldn't actually see it) a refinery in the middle of all the state and national parks. Back inland to Arroyo Grande, and then north along Orcutt to San Luis. I was dragging the whole time and might have to take a rest day tomorrow. I had a siesta when I got home; when I woke up it was dark outside.

No comments:

Check out Israel and Egypt photos here
Check out my Egypt photos here