Monday, November 20, 2006

Still Wondering...

As I mentioned a couple weeks ago, my cycling situation for next year is up in the air. At the time it was a shock, but that wore off pretty quick. Then I went into a phase where I wanted to create my own team. That didn't last long as I quickly learned how difficult it is to convince people to give you money to ride your bike. Then I began to explore the options with all the other regional teams. This began to feel much like applying for jobs. You enter into a conversation where you tell people about yourself, what you expect from the situation. Then they ask you some questions. Back and forth. Then you wonder, agonizingly, how the prospect will work, if at all.

Another parallel to applying for jobs is: when you don't get the job, you rarely get the courtesy call you let you know. You just never hear back. Searching for teams so late in the year is bad because most teams have filled all their spots. The only firm "no" I've gotten so far is from Mercy. Conversation is still open with a handful of other teams.

Again, as I said before, if you're interested in pouring some money into a young, dedicated rider, let me know.

2 comments:

Bike Drool said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

NO.

Check out Israel and Egypt photos here
Check out my Egypt photos here