Tuesday, October 24, 2006

History 3

Fall '03 - Spring '04

This is when I started to get more serious about my training. Once I was finally on my new Moots in October, I began to train with greater resolve. I did my first indoor trainer rides and took my first trip to California.

The California trips were amazing. My uncle lives in San Luis Obispo, CA and has been an avid cyclist since he was a teenager. My first trip was during winter break. I did many of the best rides around San Luis country. My second trip was during spring break. The riding I did on that trip was even better, logging over 500 miles in seven days of riding. On the fourth day of riding I rode the coast line via Hwy 1. I started just north of San Simeon, rode north to Big Sur, and rode back. It was absolutely incredible and remains one of the most memorable rides that I have done to date.

The racing that spring went well. I got third at Tillis Park (my first race) and followed that up with a second and a pair of wins. It was nice to do well in those races, but I knew that finals would bring down my fitness level, so I decided not to push the upgrade. I stayed a category 3 through the spring and into the summer.

No comments:

Check out Israel and Egypt photos here
Check out my Egypt photos here