Tuesday, October 17, 2006

History 2

Summer 2003

The summer of '03 was a busy one for me. I worked full-time at the Metropolitan Water Reclamation District of Greater Chicago as well as part-time at Turin Bicycle. This left me very little time or energy to train. The manager at Turin convinced me to upgrade to a Cat. 3, and so I did. I did a handful of races for the rest of the season, Superweek's Alpine Valley, Gateway Cup, but no good results to show for it.

I did however, have a grand total of three run-ins with cars that summer.
The Moots in TT mode the following summer
The first two were not good, but ultimately my bike survived. The third one was the worst. A car turn (oncoming traffic turning left). I wasn't too badly hurt, but my bike was done for. I was back up and running quickly, but it took a while to get my bike together. I was able to part out the bike and accessories to recup maximum loss from the accident. I decided to purchase a Moots Compact frame, Look HSC fork, and all the trimmings. I was able to keep many components from the damaged bike. It certainly wasn't a new bike, but it was a great ride. I didn't get the bike for four weeks, so I was on borrowed bikes for the whole end of the season. Sophomore year next.

No comments:

Check out Israel and Egypt photos here
Check out my Egypt photos here