Sunday, April 29, 2007

Satisfied, Mostly

Sunday's Forest Park Criterium was almost a foregone conclusion: field sprint. Two years ago the race finished with a breakaway, but that was only because it was Jensen & Schroetlin with the two strongest teams blocking. With that said, I decided to sit in for the sprint.

Sitting in for the sprint was easy. It was boring. I'm not sure how people can do that all race. It's just not that fun. Early in the race a group of three had stayed away for quite a while, so when Zach (Mercy) and Jeff (ABD) (former teammates) told me that they were going to counter one of Mercy's moves, I decided to go for it. Jeff is/was undoubtedly the strongest time trialist at the race, so it could stick. We were off the front from minute 54 to minute 75. We were caught with just over 5 laps to go. The sprint was chaotic because it was too easy to sit in for the whole race. My legs were completely tapped, and I ended up 7th.

No comments:

Check out Israel and Egypt photos here
Check out my Egypt photos here