Monday, April 23, 2007

Big City

I actually felt like riding my bike today. I didn't feel like I had to; I just wanted to. In the week I've been up in Evanston I hadn't ridden south into the city, so downtown Chicago became today's destination. I rode into the city via Clark St, tooled around the City Hall building, Sears Tower, Grant Park, and back via the lake front. Hopefully I'll accumulate a good collection of pictures of the city over the summer.

After watching the Amstel Gold race on TV and a skirt steak dinner I took to painting the floor of the basement. This painting job was particularly unpleasant because both the cleaner/degreaser and the paint have strong odors, and those are nothing in comparison to the paint thinner that I had to use to clean the oil based paint out of the brush. I'm glad to have a coat of paint on the floor though. I'll get some pictures in the morning.

No comments:

Check out Israel and Egypt photos here
Check out my Egypt photos here