Monday, February 19, 2007

morning & evening with the parents

First of all, dinner last night was fabulous. I started with a margarita (not sure what it was called) that was three colors suspended in a tall glass. Red, White, Green. We had the salsa, guacamole, fajitas... it was great.

I met up with mom, dad, and the Winklers for breakfast at Viv's (Catalina Hwy. & Tanque Verde). We then went hiking for a few hours in Sabino Canyon. The hike was a sampler of the different terrains offered by the park. As you can see in the picture, some of the hiking was on rock and had some elevation change. Other parts were flat and on sand. I have some more pictures on Flickr.

I felt pretty bad (stomach) after the hike and chose to take the afternoon easy while mom and dad saw historic downtown and Mt. Lemmon. We had made reservations to go to the Kitt Peak Observatory for a night-time viewing, but the clouds nixed that plan. This photo was taken when they were up on Lemmon. We met up again for dinner at Blue Willow. It was a really good dinner; I had a Garlic Chicken special with penne, sun-dried tomatoes, and roasted asparagus in a very light cream sauce. Time to hit the hay, as I'm meeting them to exchange pictures over an early breakfast tomorrow.

No comments:

Check out Israel and Egypt photos here
Check out my Egypt photos here