Sunday, January 28, 2007

Vacation day in the desert

Today was a full-on vacation for Erin and I. First stop was Saguaro East. Lots of cacti. Lots of variety in the cacti: species, alive/dead, tall/short, etc. One thing you notice is that no two cacti are alike. I think my favorite are the droopy ones, that kind of resemble spiny weeping willows. They drop some of their little droopy things in order to create a new cactus. The one pictured here is just a baby compared to some that we saw. Speaking of baby cactus, I did find some baby plants though I'm not sure what variety they are.

For lunch we ate at Eclectic Cafe. Another great recommendation (Leo's Special is a great Burro).

After lunch we drove up Lemmon. Initially I just wanted to show Erin some of the climb, but we once we were on the mountain, we just kept ascending until we got to the ski resort at the top. My picture can't adequately capture landscapes, but I took the pictures anyway. The sunset from the mountain was absolutely amazing.

A formal dinner was swapped for a DQ dinner. Couldn't top the day if I tried. More pictures on Flickr.

No comments:

Check out Israel and Egypt photos here
Check out my Egypt photos here