Sunday, January 28, 2007

Jam-Packed Saturday

As not to betray my purpose for being in Tucson, I did the Shootout this morning. I wasn't quite sure why I did, but I'm glad I did. I rode with Ralph, the owner of Fairwheel Bicycle. We talked about how he started his shop, the mining industry around Tucson, and his recommendations for hiking trails in Saguaro East. At the shop on Nogalas I turned left and sped home (ahead of the short-route people).

After a shower and small meal, Erin and I decided to go to Tombstone & Bisbee. It was a nice trip, but Tombstone is way too touristy. Bisbee was much nicer. It's nestled on the hillside, which gives it a New England-y feel. We went far south enough to see into Mexico. It was the closest to Mexico that Erin's ever been.

On the way home we stopped for dinner at Guadalajara Grill, a locally owned Mexican restaurant. The wait was super long, but well worth it. There were great Margaritas and a live, 3-man Mariachi band that traveled between the tables. The food was excellent too. When Erin and I got home at 10:30 Todd had already gone to sleep, so we decided to go to Gate's Pass to watch the stars. We could see so much more than we could in the city. Long but great day.

No comments:

Check out Israel and Egypt photos here
Check out my Egypt photos here