Thursday, January 25, 2007

Up in the Clouds

There are few places on earth were you can hate and love it at the same time. Today, Tucson experienced steady 30mph winds from the ENE. I geared up for a ride to Lemmon (it being the only ride to the NE). I knew I was in for some headwinds on the way there, but I had no idea what I was going to get on the mountain.

It turned out that I faced winds so strong that they nearly blew me over, literally. I climbed to mile 14, Windy Point Vista, descended two miles, and climbed back up. On the way back down there where a few points where I was reduced to 16mph or pushed to 51mph. At times it was miserable and at times it was great. The ride home was nice: 33mph at only 180 watts. Hate it and love it at the same time.

No comments:

Check out Israel and Egypt photos here
Check out my Egypt photos here