Saturday, November 04, 2006

Tough Ride

So I had planned on doing a ride with teammates this morning. It was going to be a long but relaxed ride. Problem: one teammate had to take care of his sick daughter and another had to work. 4-2=2, too few for a long ride.

I get a call 45 minutes before I had planned to get up, telling me the ride is two hours earlier than I had planned. I rush out of the house with only a cup of coffee and a bowl of oatmeal. The two of us had to haul to the meeting point of a different weekly group ride. We got there just as the ride was leaving. Now, we were hoping for a relaxed pace, but we got nothing of the sort. We were dragged around for 2.5 hours before we couldn't take it any longer. I haven't been put in difficulty like that since the last time I raced. These guys are still in gear for cyclocross, so there's my excuse.

I'm still glazed over at this point, so I'm just gonna sit here, watching some Simpsons.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It takes a certain # of people to do a long ride?

Check out Israel and Egypt photos here
Check out my Egypt photos here