Tuesday, March 16, 2010

SXSW: Can You Run a 'Serverless' Business?

biggravity, ec2, rackspace, unfuddle, etc.

Know your application. The application characteristics determine if the cloud is right for you.

Ah-ha idea: cloud for government level security.

This panel was interesting and my notes don't really do it justice. I think the really thought provoking ideas were that your infrastructure should be transparent or a tool, not a hindrance. With some of the panelists representing sites that can have 20x traffic spikes, the takeaway quote was, "Don't let your best day become your worst."

This has inspired me to try to go further than I'd planned with our server monitoring and deploy automation. Trouble is that most website failures are a failure of code, not of hardware...

No comments:

Check out Israel and Egypt photos here
Check out my Egypt photos here