Friday, March 12, 2010

Mobile Boarding Pass Fail

Nevermind the lightening delay at O'Hare. I want to talk about how my mobile boarding pass didn't work at O'Hare's Terminal 3 security or at the American Airlines gate.


I find the idea of a digital boarding pass quite intriguing, but after seeing the backup methods for identification verification, I'm a bit disturbed. At security, the TSA agent used the information below the QR code on the ticket (my name, flight #, etc.) and my ID to verify my identity. I'm not too worried about that, but there wasn't anything he put into the system to verify that the ticket was valid. I suppose I could have created by own digital ticket and gotten through security...

At the gate, Greg was wondering what would happen if the scan failed to work again. Surprise! Fail. All I had to do is give the attendant my last name and onto the plane I went. This is all kinda surprising considering the recent reemphasis on air travel security.

My previous experience with mobile boarding passes (Delta out of ATL Hartsfield) was just fine...

No comments:

Check out Israel and Egypt photos here
Check out my Egypt photos here