Saturday, June 27, 2009

Dave Brubeck at Symphony Center

When my mom first asked me about going to see Dave Brubeck at Chicago Symphony Center, it was a kneejerk yes. Dave Brubeck has long been one of my favorite Jazz musicians and I doubt he's going to be touring much longer. The concert itself certainly didn't dissappoint. In the second half of the show he played Three To Get Ready and Take Five, both of which are favorites.


I have a few live recordings of Dave Brubeck, noteably the Quartet at Carnegie Hall, and I was somewhat ambivalent of what seeing Brubeck at Symphony Center, from the balcony, when he's in his late 80's would be like. Like I said before, he didn't disappoint. He wasn't quick on his feet, but he's great in front of a piano. The crowd also got into it, which livened it up more than I had expected.

No comments:

Check out Israel and Egypt photos here
Check out my Egypt photos here