Friday, October 26, 2007

Dreft.com

This past week I've been doing apps dev for the Dreft.com site redesign. I got pulled onto the project near the end of the day on Monday. I stayed till 9:30, but a couple of other people stayed well into the AM hours. Tuesday wasn't so bad, but Wed. & Thurs. were back to the late nights. Unlike college, I felt like I was only able to work so late. When you start at 9am or earlier, you can't really work much past 9pm.

Friday was the worst of all. The idea was to get the site into staging, final qa in the early afternoon, and deploy in the evening. Yet more unforeseen issues came up and pushed is back so far that we ultimately weren't able to get the site up, but still stayed till 1:30am. The perks of working all the time are free food and expensed cab rides home...totally doesn't make it worth it. I hope the next big vegas project doesn't come down to the same situation.

Posted after the fact

No comments:

Check out Israel and Egypt photos here
Check out my Egypt photos here