Wednesday, July 25, 2007

What's wrong with these cyclists?

These frickin' pro riders let me down every time somebody gets caught. Is it really that hard to follow the rules. Are they so greedy and self-serving that inject themselves with performance enhancers? It makes me glad that I demoted cycling to a hobby. I don't have to worry about measuring up to dopers anymore. Cycling is supposed to be fun, but doping would take the fun out of it for me. This sucks. May the winner of this tour be remembered as more than the winner of another doped tour.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's a realization every rider comes to at some point, I didn't want to even hint at the dopage topic when you were bright-eyed winning 3's races...I figured if I didn't bite my lip you may become a bit deflated, as I did when someone told me the "truth" prematurely. Hobbies are good, every one needs em, and meanwhile some guys build model F-14's getting a buzz off of the glue, we're actually doing something good to ourselves!
yours truly,
Guesswho.

Anonymous said...

An interesting read on the competitive economics of steroids in sports, from my Antitrust professor.

--------------------
Competitive disadvantage
--------------------

If contest moves from playing field to laboratory, athletes, sports would be hurt

By Randal C. Picker

August 22 2007

The recent Tour de France melted down day by day as yet another leader left the race facing accusations of doping. We still aren't sure who won last year's race, as the inquiry regarding Floyd Landis' alleged cheating is still pending.

The complete article can be viewed at:
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/opinion/chi-oped0822sportsaug22,0,5594942.story

Mike said...

For those who want a easier link to that article, Tribune Article.

Check out Israel and Egypt photos here
Check out my Egypt photos here