Saturday, March 10, 2007

Great group ride

So the ride wasn't all that challenging, but the people were great. We met at Mitchell Park in San Luis @ 8:30. Unlike Tucson, it doesn't snap cold here at sunrise, so I was pleasantly surprised by the warm morning temps. A good variety of riders showed up. I got a few leads on good rides before the group split. My group (seven riders) rode up Santa Rita from the coast to Templeton, and meandered our way back to San Luis. I met people from all over a Canadian and an Irishman, Gordon who's been in California for a week. I would have liked to have my camera, but alas, I chose to take food instead. After the group got back to town, I wanted more time/miles, so I did Prefumo Canyon. I still can't get over how scenic the views are. All-in-all a solid ride.

I had a well-deserved smoothie after the ride, but my true culinary achievement was the hamburger and mixed greens, mushrooms, orange peppers, campari tomatoes, cucumber, onions, avocado, & balsamic salad. Yum. I'm tried, but more so excited about Erin arriving tomorrow evening!

No comments:

Check out Israel and Egypt photos here
Check out my Egypt photos here