Monday, March 12, 2007

Erin's first day in Cali

We took full advantage of Erin's first day here - and the weather - and took to the beach for some sun. I can't say that I'm much for the beach, but there was something relaxing about just lying there, letting the sun keep me the perfect temperature. If it weren't for Erin I would never do such a thing (go to the beach), but having her there to talk to made it a good time. Before the beach we took a walk around downtown, so she could get the lay of the land as well as a post office stop. After the beach, we stopped at Trader Joe's and Von's. I would like to believe that Trader Joe's has everything you'd need, but it just doesn't. No powder drink mixes or yellow bananas. And really, who sells bananas for a per/each price? It should be by the pound. I digress. When we got home, a late lunch was in order. A super salad (spinach, avacado, two kinds of fresh tomatoes, cucumber, red pepper, carrots, Jarlsberg, turkey, sun-dried tomatoes, mushrooms, & balsamic) and strawberry margaritas fit the bill. We sat out on the porch eating and drinking as the sun went down.

No comments:

Check out Israel and Egypt photos here
Check out my Egypt photos here