Sunday, February 25, 2007

First Race of 2007

The Sun Devil criterium was held in south Phoenix today. Micro and I decided racing is better than training. The race was not hard. I was actually kind of disappointed that I wasn't put into more difficulty. I was really active early on. A break of five went about 15 minutes into the race. I was gassed when it went, but tried to make it across as soon as I could. I hovered in no-man's-land for about a lap before giving up. I spent the next 15 minutes in the back, during which, my rear skewer came loose. I couldn't tell what was wrong, until I hopped on the rear wheel and it started to drop out. The pit official didn't give me a free lap, so my race was technically over. Screw that, so I jumped back in. I continued to be aggressive, and made a move with 1.5 laps to go, I got caught with .5 laps to go. If I had one other person with me, we could have done it. I know the move was futile, but I didn't want to place in the sprint and then get chewed out about being a lap down. In any case, I'm finally excited about racing again.

No comments:

Check out Israel and Egypt photos here
Check out my Egypt photos here